Day of Trip Reminders/Instructions
*Please be at the bus (back of school parking lot) no later then 6:30am. Bus leaves at 6:45am. Bus will arrive back at the school around 4:30pm.
1. Please make sure all skis and poles are tied up, taped together, or in a bag.
2. Always bring boots on the bus. Do not put them in the underneath hatch. It can be difficult for boots to warm up once they are cold.
3. When you arrive at the mountain make sure you check or lock bags in lockers.
4. Remember to bring your ski pass, lunch tickets, and/or season pass on the day of the trip.
5. If you do not show up to the bus on the day of the trip, you will not receive a refund. Please let Mr. Clapp or Mr. Facendola know if you are unable to make a trip, so they can find someone to take your spot.
6. When you are at the mountain, make sure you lock skis, poles, or snowboard up using a ski/board lock when you go in/out of the lodge areas.
7. We ENCOURAGE all students to take lessons every trip(especially beginners). The lessons are FREE and start at 10:00am. Helmets be worn by all as per NJ state law.
8. If you wish to go to SOUTH MOUNTAIN you will have to take a bus there and back, unless the trail to South is open. You must be back on the shuttle bus no later then 1:30pm in order to make it back on time. We recommend taking the shuttle bus back at 1:00pm. The lift from South to Vernon is very slow!
9. If an injury occurs, friends should let Mr. Facendola, Mr. Clapp, or a chaperone know. First Aid and Ski Patrol are always around, and they will contact us immediately. Mr. Facendola or Mr. clapp will be there within 5 to 10 minutes.
10. Be sure to drink lots of water throughout the day to stay hydrated!
11. Make sure you are back at the bus on time. We leave the first trip at 3:00, so loading should begin at 2:45. If you are not back at the bus at the requested time, you will not attend the next ski trip. If there is a problem, report to the bus first and let Mr. Facendola or Mr. Clapp know about it.