Grades 7 – 12
Welcome to the River Dell Regional School District’s Registration Process
For New Students Entering River Dell
Please review these four scenarios to determine which items in Step 1 you must complete. All registrants must complete Step 2 and 3.
1. Parent and student reside in Oradell or River Edge.
A, B (if applicable)
2. Student and their parent(s) reside with a homeowner in River Edge or Oradell.
A; parent must provide a bill or bank statement that is mailed to them at this residence; homeowner must provide a notarized letter stating he/she is the resident homeowner and student, with parents, reside with said homeowner. Homeowner must supply documents listed in sections A, B and C of affidavit. Homeowner and parents must be present at time of registration.
3. Student resides with a resident homeowner, without their parents.
A, B (if applicable), C, D
4. Student is an exchange student residing with a host family in the Boroughs of River Edge or Oradell. Request must first be made by student exchange organization prior to July 1 and approved by the River Dell Superintendent of Schools.
A, C, D
Step 1. Verification of Residency
A. AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCY
ALL parents/guardians MUST complete this form. The following documents MUST be submitted along with the notarized affidavit:
1. Recorded Deed showing ownership of a residence within the Boroughs of River Edge or Oradell and current property tax bill OR Lease
2. Photo ID, such as a valid Driver’s License, Passport, etc.
3. Utility or Telephone Bill OR Bank Statement with your address (please block out all monetary information)
B. LEASE AFFIDAVIT
This affidavit should be submitted if you rent/lease and do not have a signed lease or rental agreement.
C. SWORN STATEMENT OF NONRESIDENT PARENTS WHO HAVE GIVEN CUSTODY OF THEIR CHILD TO A RESIDENT OF RIVER DELL
REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
This affidavit should be completed by nonresident parents.
D. AFFIDAVIT OF HOST
This affidavit should be completed by resident homeowner with a custodial child/student residing with them (without their parents).
Step 2. Complete the following forms:
A. Registration Form
All fields must be completed. Please be sure to include your email address as River Dell no longer mails report cards or progress reports to parents. They are accessed by the parent in the parent portal of our student information system.
B. NJSIAA Transfer Form
All transfer students MUST complete Step 1 of the Transfer Form and mail it to:
Mr. Denis Nelson
River Dell Regional High School
55 Pyle Street
Oradell, NJ 07649
C. Home Language Survey
The information in this form is needed for state reports.
D. Student Records Release Form
This signed form gives us permission to request your child’s school records from their previous school.
Step 3. Schedule an Appointment
When you have completed Steps 1 and 2, contact the District Registrar at 201-599-7207 to schedule an appointment. Please bring the following documentation to your appointment:
* All required documents in Step 1 that apply.
* Completed forms from Step 2
* Recent Report Card and Transcript if student is in grade 10, 11 or 12
* Proof of age in the form of an original Birth Certificate or Passport
YOU MUST ALSO VISIT THE HEALTH OFFICE LINK FOR IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
If you have any questions, you may contact the District Registrar at 201-599-7207.