RIVER DELL REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
REQUIRED HEALTH OFFICE INFORMATION AND FORMS
ALL NEW STUDENTS, INCLUDING INCOMING 7TH GRADE STUDENTS FROM THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS OF RIVER EDGE OR ORADELL, MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETED PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM WITH IMMUNIZATIONS BEFORE THEY CAN ENTER SCHOOL.
· Incoming 7th grade students and ALL new students entering the district are required to have physicals to enter either the Middle School or High School.
· The physical examination form is required for students interested in participating in any interscholastic sport.
· All new students must return completed forms at the time of their registration.
· Incoming 7th grade students should return the mandatory forms on the first day of school to the first period teacher or the forms may be mailed over the summer to Mrs. Puleo's attention at the Middle School.
ASTHMA AND FOOD ALLERGIES
There is a nebulizer in the Health Office in the Middle School and High School. If the student needs to use the nebulizer, the parent must:
· Send in the medication;
· Provide tubing;
· Send in epinephrine if the student requires it for anaphylaxis due to food allergies;
· Complete a medication form signed by the doctor and parent.
ADMINISTERING MEDICATION IN SCHOOL
Prescription and over-the-counter medication may only be administered under the following conditions:
· A written request must be completed and returned to the school nurse by the prescribing doctor.
· A written request must be completed by the parent and returned to the school nurse requesting administration of medication.
· No verbal (telephone) instructions from parents will be accepted.
· The medication must be brought to school in a labeled pharmacy container.
· Please call the Attendance Office to report a student absence:
Grade 7-8: call 201-599-7250 ext. 2312 Grade 9-12: call 201-599-7211
· The student must check in with the nurse upon returning to school if they were absent with Mononucleosis, Scarlet Fever, Strep Throat, Chicken Pox, Influenza, Pneumonia or Conjunctivitis. A note from the doctor is required to return to school.
Students who have the following diseases are to be excluded from the school as indicated:
· Chicken Pox—must be reported to the school nurse; may return to school after all vesicles are healed.
· Conjunctivitis—readmitted after being treated by a doctor for 24 hours, with a doctor’s note.
· Scarlet Fever and Mononucleosis—readmitted only with a note from the doctor.
· Strep Throat—readmitted only after being on medication for 24 hours and with a doctor’s note.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION EXCUSES
A note from the parent is required stating the reason and length of time to be excused. This is valid for up to five days only for Middle School and three days for the High School. If your child needs to be excused for a longer period of time, a doctor’s note is required. The note must be given to the school nurse before the first period of the day.
If you need to contact the school nurse:
Middle School Nurse, Fran Puleo, call 201-599-7250 ext. 2311
High School Nurse, Kathy Kreger, call 201-599-7237