MS. KANG’S CLASS PROCEDURES
To achieve an effective and comfortable classroom, it is your responsibility to learn and perform these classroom procedures. I promise to you a more organized and effective learning experience. I hope to have a successful school year with you. Please come to me if you have any questions! 😊
ENTERING THE CLASSROOM
- You are to enter the classroom without screaming, running or otherwise causing a ruckus. Students who do not do this will be asked to reenter as expected.
- It is expected that as soon as you enter you should get anything you need around the room.
- Once seated, check the front/side board for the day’s work.
- When you enter the room late (with or without a pass) you do not disturb the class.
- If you have a pass, place it on my desk and proceed to your seat.
- THREE LATES= ONE DETENTION
- The teacher dismisses you, not the bell.
- Do not start packing up prior to the bell.
- Make sure the room is clean and there is no garbage on the floor.
- You should have your own materials every day. (Pencils, Novels, Post its, and a CHARGED laptop)
- You may borrow from the class supply.
- Please return borrowed materials before leaving.
CLASSWORK AND HOMEWORK
1. Check "Week at a Glance".
WHEN YOU ARE ABSENT
- Check the designated file for the weekday you missed.
- Take what you have missed and see the teacher for further instructions.
- This is your responsibility, not the teacher’s.
MOVING AROUND THE ROOM (sharpening pencils, throwing out the garbage, using the bathroom)
- Raise your hand to ask to move around the room.
- Make good decisions, do not interrupt discussion and lecture time.
- Dispose of recycling and garbage at the end of class.
USING THE BATHROOM
1. Sign out and in when using the bathroom.
LISTENING TO AND RESPONDING TO QUESTIONS
- When we are having class discussions, please raise your hand to be called on and actively listen to whomever is speaking.
- Teacher will give specific instructions when students are to call out answers without first raising their hands.
- Ask only questions that are relevant to the lesson.
- Please be respectful of all comments and ideas, even if they differ from yours.
- PHONES ARE NOT ALLOWED OUT. THEY MUST BE TURNED OFF AND KEPT IN YOUR LOCKERS. If I see it, I take it!
- There will be various opportunities throughout the year for all students to receive extra credit. They will be announced to you when certain assignments will be due.
- Check School Wires for my hours after school. If you need help in the mornings, EMAIL me or talk to me AFTER class and we can always set up an appointment.
- When you follow procedure, you earn a K-Dollar.
- Get prizes- homework pass, extra credit points
Tests (Exams, Essays, Projects): 50%