EXPECTATIONS AND GRADING:
The following must be brought to class everyday:
- Charged Laptop
- Your laptop must be updated and your camera and sound must be working.
Students are expected to conform to the student behavioral expectations as outlined in the Student Handbook, as well as the following:
- Have a positive attitude
- Respect your teacher, classmates, and subject matter
- Stay on task and follow directions
- Be engaged during the lesson by answering questions, and actively participating both voluntarily and when called on.
- When utilizing Microsoft TEAMS:
- have the CAMERA ON. If you have issues with the camera, you must email TECH and copy me. Failure to have your camera on will result in an absence or cut.
- have an appropriate background
- have appropriate appearance
- Cell phones, and music devices must be on silent mode and out of sight. If they are visible or used during class, disciplinary actions will follow. You may not take pictures or record anyone at any point of our class instruction.
- Uphold our academic honesty policy by not using any translator services or outside help.
Using the Microsoft TEAMS chat:
- Since everyone in our class views this chat, you may only use this tool when working independently to ask content related questions. For example, you may ask for clarification on a specific question in the assignment. Since the answer may benefit other students, these questions are ok to ask via the chat. However, in order to avoid unnecessary interruptions during our class, email me your questions for a personalized answer.
Students violating any rules of conduct shall be subject to appropriate disciplinary action depending on the severity of the student’s behavior. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Verbal warning (the administration will be informed and parents will be contacted)
- Counselor/Parent/Teacher conference
Copying and/or discussing what is on an assessment is a form of cheating that will not be tolerated. If you are caught cheating in any way or using any type of translator for any assignment, you will receive a zero and will not be permitted to make up the work. The only approved online dictionary that you may use is www.wordreference.com. Any form of academic dishonesty will result in disciplinary action.
THE GRADING POLICY of this class uses a point system, so you can always know exactly what is expected of you and how you are progressing. The point value is based upon difficulty and length of an assessment. To find your average, take the number of points you earned and divide by the number of possible points.
ATTENDANCE AND ABSENCES:
Please be on time and ready to learn. If you are late, disciplinary action will be enforced. If you are absent, it is your responsibility to make up the work you missed and hand it in by the next class. Late work will not be accepted.
Use the designated book to sign in and out using your own pen. No permission to exit the room will be granted the first or last ten minutes of class. If you are connected remotely, email me with any special requests.
Please contact me to schedule extra help. I am available to help you after school.
SCHOOL WIRES AND E-MAIL:
I expect you to check your School Wires page, specifically the “Lesson Plan” section, to receive up to date assignments and course information. In case you need to contact me directly, please email me at: Monica.Burgos@riverdell.org.
- Charged Laptop