7th & 8th Grade Physical Education
In the Physical Education curriculum, students participate in activities which provide:
1. Opportunities and challenges for students to gain and to maintain the knowledge and procedural techniques for physical fitness conditioning;
2. A variety of team and individual sports to give students a wide basis for choosing lifetime recreational pursuits;
3. Experience to enhance such social growth and developmental skills as loyalty, decision-making, camaraderie, cooperation, and a sense of sportsmanship;
4. A means of achievement, accomplishment, and success;
5. Programs that meet and exceed state mandates.
The Physical Education curriculum progresses from larger motor activities through team play to an emphasis on the development of lifetime sports. The Physical Education/Health program emphasizes physical fitness, lifetime skills, sportsmanship, and teamwork. Knowledge of body systems, building positive self-esteem, and the development of lifelong health and safety habits are stressed and integrated with other curriculum areas and special events. The overall goal is to offer a challenging and varied program that is responsive to community and to student’s needs.