Pe Grading Policy
GRADING- Every student starts with 100 as their grade
- Dress: If a student is unprepared (does not have full PE attire) they lose the maximum of 8 points for that day.
- Lack of participation/effort = Can range from (-1.5) - (3.0) pts
- Lack of effort during warm-ups = Can range from (-1.0) - (2.0) pts
* Point Deductions will come off their total grade for the marking period *
* If a student isn't prepared with the proper attire for physical education, they will lose 8 points off their grade *
*Inappropriate attire (revealing attire, short-shorts, and shirts without sleeves) will be considered unprepared for class*
DRESS - Students must change their clothes everyday.
A) Required Dress – wear athletic shorts (no buttons and/or zippers), sweatpants, t-shirts, sweatshirts (no tank tops).
B) Athletic footwear is required. (No boots, flip-flops, or backless sneakers)
C) Bring warm clothes when weather gets colder.
D) Students can refer to their agenda book to see what clothing is not appropriate.
JEWELRY – is not permitted to be worn in physical education classes.
LOCK ALL POSSESSIONS IN A LOCKER – Remove locks at the end of the PE period and keep PE clothes in your hall locker. Locks will be cut off at the end of the day.
MEDICAL EXCUSES –
A) Go see the nurse before school for a medical excuse, then report to your PE teacher to receive an assignment for the class period. The assignment must be handed in by the end of the class period.
B) Long Term Medical Excuses – students must give the medical excuse to the nurse. Student still must report to your PE teacher daily, a long-term assignment will be given.