Grading Policy and Class Expectations
- Tests, Writing & Projects 50%
- Quizzes 30%
- Classwork & Homework 20%
- Assignments are due at the beginning of class on the due date.
- For students who are absent or face an unexpected emergency, appropriate extensions will be granted.
Expectations for our Virtual Classroom:
- Respect each other and me (as I will respect you)
- Attendance: Be prompt. Make sure to join class using the Daily Class link. Video must be on.
- Presentation: identify and work in a productive space. Be presentable – you’re on camera!
- Participation: Stay focused – eliminate distractions during class.
- Be appropriate: Teams chats and posts are monitored and cannot be deleted. Be sure that you are posting appropriately.
- Be responsible: using Week-At-A-Glance, keep track of your assignments, and submit them on time.
- Help: Ask questions during class. Post in the “Help” channel in Teams. Email me! I will be available 2:20-2:50 every day.
Expectations for Teams Meetings:
- Join: Use the daily class link in Teams to join. Make sure your camera is on and your microphone is muted.
- Stay focused: eliminate distractions and be sure that you are following along in OneNote or other program. I may call on you to answer a question and you should be able to respond.
- Participation: “Raise your hand” and when you are called on, unmute yourself. When you are finished, mute your microphone again. You can also ask questions in the chat.
- Enjoy being home: Need to use the restroom? No need to ask! Want to have a snack during class? Sure!