Welcome to Band/Orchestra Period 3
5 credits/full year
2.5 credits/period 9/full year
The High School Band provides musicians with the opportunity to study a
wide variety of band literature in order to increase musical skills, knowledge,
sensitivity, and concert preparation. The band performs at winter and spring
Band is available during the “normal” school day and after school during
The High School Band and Choral Winter Concert will be Thursday, December 19th at 7pm in the auditorium. Attendance and participation in this concert is mandatory for all ensemble members. The Spring concert will be on Thursday, May 28th, at 7pm. Attendance is mandatory.
- Students are expected to have a pencil and their music folder
- Students are expected to practice assigned sections of the music and review all previously rehearsed sections.
- Occasional performance exams will take place in class in an octet formation.
- Students are expected to be in attendance at all extracurricular rehearsals in addition to all performances.
- Students are expected to care for their Select Choir uniform being sure that it is clean and appropriate for all performances.
- Display a positive and enthusiastic attitude during rehearsals.
- Exhibit proper posture throughout each rehearsal.
- Demonstrate good effort in proper breathing and support of the tone.
- Demonstrate the proper technique for an optimal tone quality and blend.
- Maintain a proper focus throughout rehearsals.
- Follow the music of the other parts when you are not singing.
- Listen while other parts are being rehearsed so that you understand how your part fits into the musical whole.
- Listen carefully to how the ensemble sounds and make necessary adjustments to your part.
- Be a good role model for other students and add to the overall quality of the group.
- Attendance at all after school and in school rehearsals and performances.
Check + +
Appropriate Use of Materials and Preparedness
Always has music folder with up to date pencil markings in repertoire. Pencil in hand daily and up to date knowledge of parts.
Usually has music folder with up to date pencil markings in repertoire. Usually has a pencil and usually has up to date knowledge of parts
Sometimes has music folder with up to date pencil markings in repertoire. Sometimes has a pencil and sometimes has up to date knowledge of parts
Almost never has music folder with up to date pencil markings in repertoire. Almost never has a pencil and almost never has up to date knowledge of parts
Never has music folder with up to date pencil markings in repertoire. Never has a pencil and never has up to date knowledge of parts