3/21 is World Down Syndrome Awareness Day. This year RDMS and RDHS' Best Buddies teamed up to unite the River Dell community in spreading awareness and acceptance of Down Syndrome by wearing blue and yellow.
We thank you for filling our District with blue and yellow on 3/21!
Below is a list of facts about Down Syndrome:
- 400,000+ people live with Down Syndrome in the US
- Since 1983, the lifespan of those living with Down Syndrome has more than doubled
- It is estimated that 25% of American families are touched by Down Syndrome in some way
- There are three (3) types of Down Syndrome - Trisomy 21, Translocation and Mosaicism
- Down Syndrome is the most common chromosomal disorder in the US