Expectations for in-person learning are listed below.
Entering the classroom
- Sit in your assigned seat.
- Follow instructions on the board to begin Do Now assignment.
- All students should be in their assigned seats when the bell rings.
- Raise your hand and wait to be called on.
- When the teacher or another student is speaking, do not interrupt or have side conversations.
- NO PHONES are allowed in class. If your phone is out, it will be taken away.
- NO HEADPHONES/EARPHONES/AIRPODS are allowed in class.
- Remain seated during instruction.
- Never throw objects (pencils, trash, etc.) in the classroom.
Groupwork and labs
- Be respectful of your fellow students. Language that is abusive or derogatory will not be tolerated.
- Treat lab equipment with care. Failure to do so will result in removal from the lab.
Tests and quizzes
- Absolutely no talking during a test or quiz. If you are talking during a test, your paper will be taken away and you will receive a zero.
- If you have a question, stay seated and raise your hand.
Leaving the classroom
- Raise your hand and ask to leave the room. Never leave the room without permission.
- Sign out before you leave and sign in when you come back.
- Only one student allowed out of the classroom at a time.
Consequences for breaking rules
- First offense: Meeting with teacher to discuss behavior expectations
- Second offense: Parent contact (failure to meet with teacher after first offense will result in immediate parent contact)
- Third offense: Reported to principal and/or assistant principal