Physical fitness, wellness, and safety express the goals of this discipline. Students in grades 9-12 participate in co-educational curriculum in Physical Education and Health. In the Physical Education curriculum, students participate in activities which provide:
- Opportunities and challenges for students to gain and to maintain the knowledge and procedural techniques for physical fitness conditioning;
- a variety of team and individual sports to give students a wide basis for choosing lifetime recreational pursuits;
- experience to enhance such social growth and developmental skills as loyalty, decision-making, camaraderie, cooperation, and a sense of sportsmanship;
- a means of achievement, accomplishment, and success;
- the programs meet and exceed state mandates.
- Adventure Games incorporates activities that increase self-esteem and self-confidence, enhances problem-solving skills, and develops skills necessary for working within a group.
The Physical Education curriculum progresses from larger motor activities through team play to an emphasis on the development of lifetime sports. The Physical Education/Health program emphasizes physical fitness, lifetime skills, sportsmanship and team work. Knowledge of body systems, building positive self-esteem, and the development of lifelong health and safety habits are stressed and integrated with other curriculum areas and special events. The overall goal is to offer challenging and varied programs that are responsive to the community and to the student’s needs.
VIRTUAL & HYBRID EXPECTATIONS
September 4th - October 2nd
- Get Prepared for physical activity
- T-shirt, sweatpants, leggings or shorts, and sneakers
- Have computer or device where you are going to perform physical activity
- Open Teams
Look at post for the day - it will have instructions
Join teams meeting
Attendance will be taken at the beginning of class
- Camera must be turned on and microphone turned off
Camera must be on during class or student will receive a CUT
- Students should remain on screen for entire period for full participation credit.
October 5th - Hybrid
Every student will meet once a week and twice in a virtual setting.
IN Person Class Days (A or B)-
students will be present and participating in physical activity with instructor. Be dressed appropriately.
Masks are required for class at all times.
On Days Students are home Virtually
Join meeting for attendance at start of period
Complete workout provided or assignment by the end of the period
Wednesdays - Everyone is virtual
Virtual/Hybrid Physical Education Rubric
Satisfactory - 0
Needs Improvement - -1
Gives top effort daily, models high level of participation and is self-motivated. Student has desire to improve personal fitness, physical ability and performance in the movement opportunity.
Consistent daily effort, good level of participation, displays quality movement during activity, maintains personal fitness.
Uncooperative, bends rules to suit self, displays inappropriate frustration and anger. Needs reminders to complete and/or stay on task. Does not follow safety rules. Unsafe choices made.
No submission of work or check in for attendance
Always on task and highly active. Positive and fair game play, follows safety rules, models self-control. Consistently follows safety rules.
On task and active.
Accepts winning and losing. Does not need reminders to complete and/or stay on task. Follows safety rules.
Poor effort, little or no movement during activity, poor attitude towards activity. Avoids participation or off task.
Evidence of workout submitted is clear and complete. Variety to student workouts is shown.
Evidence of workout shows good effort and may not fill entire time or part of the work. Not showing variety of workouts.
Evidence not provided for daily work. Repeats same activity daily.
GRADING & EXPECTATIONS:
Click on link for grading: Grading Policy
Click on link for grading rubric: PE Rubric
Click on link for classroom expectations: PE Expectations
Students are expected to uphold all Code of Conduct rules as adopted in the River Dell High School Student Handbook