Grading/Classroom Policy--80% of your grade is based upon assessments (Quizzes, Chapter Tests, & projects)--20% of your grade is based upon participation and homework completion. This grade is meant to help you, not to hurt you. If you come to class prepared, complete your homework, participate, follow all class rules, and work to the best of your abilities, you will receive an A.
Virtual Class Expectations:
- Student behavioral expectations, when participating through a virtual format, are to be consistent with traditional classroom guidelines. Being respectful of everyone usually covers most issues.
- Hallway passage between classes must honor social distancing guidelines.
- When you are utilizing Microsoft TEAMS, you need to have the camera ON. If legitimate technical difficulties exist, you should contact the tech department.
- You will be called upon randomly and failure to acknowledge a question can qualify as a cut.
- You should alter your background on TEAMS (you will be asked to remove any inappropriate screen).
- Behavioral standards, as outlined in the Code of Conduct, are in effect and will be enforced through coordination with administration. For example, lateness, inconsistent attendance, general mischief, plagiarism, and disrespect will have consequences.
- Your grade will reflect demonstrated levels of cooperation, productivity, and mastery.
- Create a dedicated space for class time. You should not be in bed or involved with anything else around you (put away your cell phone so that you are not tempted to check it during class, close other computer applications and turn off notifications). If possible, find a desk or table where you can sit for class that is well lit but without a bright background. Your space should be relatively quiet so that you can both hear others and be heard when you are contributing to class discussion. If it helps, wear headphones.
- No eating during class
- Wear your day clothes for class.
- Take your bathroom break between classes.
1.) Respect yourself and others at all times.
2.) Bring all materials to class everyday (computer, writing instrument, three ring binder, and paper).
3.) Be online with your camera on ready to work when the class starts. You will not be marked present if your camera isn't on.
4.) Raise your hand and allow others to finish speaking before you speak.
5.) No eating, drinking, or chewing gum in class.
6.) When leaving the room, sign both out and in. The pass cannot be used in the first or last 10 minutes of class.
7.) Cheating is an automatic 0, and I will contact home. Copying and pasting from a translator is cheating as well.
8.) Homework is not done in class unless instructed to do so.
9.) No hats/cell phones or use of any other personal electronic devices in class.
10.) If I cannot see your computer screen on DyKnow or you are using your computer inappropriately, I will e-mail home and you will not be permitted to use your computer the rest of the class. After 3 strikes, you will not be able to use your computer in class.
11.) Do your best and participate!
- All work must be made up and you are responsible for all missed material.
- After a week, I will not allow you to make up tests and quizzes.
- Get assignments and notes from a responsible classmate or me.
- Tests and quizzes must be made up immediately upon your return.
- All work that is not made up is a zero.
If you miss the class before the test or quiz, you are responsible for taking the test or quiz. The modified block schedule does not excuse you from missing homework.
Example: Period 1 (does not meet on a C DAY)
A DAY - you are present
B DAY - you are absent
C DAY - you are present (class does not meet, but you must get yesterday’s assignment
D DAY – submit homework given on A DAY and have homework that was assigned on B DAY
** If you make flashcards on the day of a vocabulary quiz, you will receive 2 extra credit points. You may not get 2 points again on the day of a test.
** Late homework and projects will only be accepted for 50% credit.
**If you are not ready to present or are absent, you must see me outside of class to do so. I am not be interrupting the next class period.
** If you are absent, it is your responsibility to show me your missed work. I will not stop class to ask for your missed work. If you do not show it to me when you return, it is late.
TARDYS – Tardiness will not be tolerated. On the first offense, you will receive a detention with me. On the second offense, you will receive a detention and your parents will be contacted. By the third offense, you will receive a detention and be referred to the administration.
MISSED QUIZZES / TESTS must be made up during the NEXT CLASS MEETING or at LUNCH. Failure to do so will result in a zero. If there is an EXTENDED ABSENCE, then upon your return you MUST SCHEDULE with me a mutually convenient extra help session and make-up date for missed work.
Please come for HELP at the first sign of DIFFICULTY. I will be in room 403 on A & B days after school and C & D days at lunch. B days I have lunch duty in the oval. On C days, tutoring will be offered through the Spanish National Honor Society. If these times do not work, please set up an appointment with me.
A substitute teacher is to be treated just as you would treat your regular teacher. Any infraction of this requirement will be dealt with appropriately.