The Global Connections Club was formed to teach students about global issues, and give them a chance to respond to needs in the global community. Global awareness is of paramount importance for our students as they enter a global economy. Our club is student run and each year we choose issues related to topics the students want to address. In addition, our club has a long-standing connection to a school in Ghana.
Meetings are on alternate Wednesdays at lunch in room 916. Our activities have included:
· Fundraising for Living Springs School in Ghana
· Guest speakers to teach us about the Peace Corp and village life in Ghana
· “Learning at Lunch” presentations such as clean water initiatives and microfinance in developing countries
· Jewelry making with beads made in Ghana (fundraising for our school)
· Movies and Book discussions about women’s rights in developing nations
Students in all grades are welcome to attend club meetings.