Grading Procedures for Physical Education
Daily Progress Rubric
Each student's participation grade begins with an 80 average. You will see this as "Part Start." Students will be monitored and graded each class per marking period and their daily participation will contribute to their grade. Students that achieve the “exceeds” level in 1 of the 4 topics of the Physical Education rubric will raise their grade. Students that come prepared, are responsible for their own activity level, and remain respectful to staff and classmates should receive an Exceeds. However, disruptive behaviors in class as well as being off-task can lower the grade. Work is cumulative, and students are encouraged to be prepared for class and to put forth an active and positive effort everyday in class.
Absent students will not earn credit for the day. Students are required to bring in a note to the attendance office of email Ms. Ioele with in 24 hours of an absence.
Cuts, are issued by the administration, and CANNOT be made up.
Excessive Absences are considered all absences with-in a marking period. Students will lose credit after the 6th absence per marking period pending medical/administration approval.
Please see student agenda for complete school attendance policies for students: https://www.riverdell.org/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=11846&dataid=15912&FileName=2017-18Agenda.pdf
Students must log in at start time of period.
1st offence – Student should send email to Teacher of time of entrance to class. Daily progress could be affected.
2nd offence – parent notification
3rd offence – referral to administrator
Preset Points/Grade explanations
Parents/Students will see the following in genesis daily. Comments are usually added for clarification. We encourage students with questions to inquire in person.
Satisfactory – "0" no change of grade – student meets class expectations on rubric
Exceeds +1 Student is exemplary according to the rubric criteria
Other items that could be seen:
Excessive Absence –5 (deductions will start on the 6th absence per Marking period pending medical/administration approval)
Late (daily progress could be affected)
Cut – -5 from grade that cannot be made up
Cell – -1 cell phone used in class
Lack of participation
CLASSROOM EXPECTATIONS PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- No Cell Phones will be allowed in class.
- No Eating or Drinking in the Gym. No chewing gum in class.
- Students must arrive to class prepared and on time.
- Locker room door will be no be available
- No sitting on the top of the closed bleachers
- Be respectful to staff and students with in the class.
- Required Dress – athletic shorts, sweatpants, t-shirts, sweatshirts.
- Athletic footwear is required. (No boots, flip-flops or backless sneakers)
- Bring warm clothes when weather gets colder.
- Shirt tops must have sleeve and refrain from showing the stomach.
- Masks are required until further notice.
- Locker rooms will not be used during hybrid classes
- All belongings should be placed in the gym, in a space designated by teacher.
- Submit written excuse from guardian or doctor to YOUR CLASS TEACHER and the School nurse. Students needing a daily excuse should see PE teacher.
- After reporting to teacher, students will be required to complete assignment.
- Articles can be found on PE Web page – MEDICALLY EXCUSED ASSIGNMENTS
- Long Term Medical Excuses – Sign in EVERY DAY with instructor for daily plan