Requirements for Art Class
- Be in the classroom when the bell rings. Dropping your stuff and leaving would not qualify as being on time.
- No cell phones during class! If I see it or hear it, you will be written up. Phones should be turned off unless you are using it to photograph your artwork.
- Always bring a pencil and sketchbook to class.
- Sit at your assigned seat unless I give you the “OK” to move.
- Bring your artwork home anytime you’d like, but you are responsible for bringing it back next class.
- You are responsible for cleaning your work area and the tools that you used.
- Encourage your fellow classmates in a positive way… be kind.
- Draw, paint, etc. on your artwork only!
- Complete assignments on time.
- Have fun!
- 50% completed artwork
- 25% studio process
- 25% sketchbook
√++ = 105%
√+ = 100%
√ = 88%
√- = 75%
√-- = 50%
OT = 100% On task, working well
Grade will be decreased for the following reasons:
C/S – Did not clean-up/setup
OFT – Off task
DIS - Disruptive
PTM – Poor time management
Assignments are to be completed on time. The due date for each assignment will be posted on the River Dell website and reminders will be given during class. Often you may feel you need more time on an assignment. Therefore, you must schedule time either before school or after school in order to complete the assignment by the due date. If an assignment is turned in late, (without a prior discussion) you will receive an incomplete which is a 70.
There will be a “sketch of the day” the first five minutes of every art class. Sketchbooks will be graded regularly. If you forget to bring your sketchbook to class on the day sketchbooks are being checked, you will receive a zero. If your sketchbook is turned in late, you will receive 10 points off of your Sketchbook grade for each day that it is late. If you are absent, it is your responsibility to make-up the sketch/sketches that you missed. All of the daily sketches are posted on the bulletin board in the front of the classroom and on the Schoolwires and OneNote.
Extra credit assignments are in the extra credit folder in the room.