The New SAT
The Redesigned SAT
A NEW version of the SAT test began in March 2016. The College Board believes that the new SAT will be more focused and useful than ever before.
The redesigned SATs Math Test is intended to collect evidence in support of the following claim about student performance:
Students have fluency with, understanding of, and the ability to apply the mathematical concepts, skills, and practices that are most strongly prerequisite and central to their ability to progress through a range of college courses, career training, and career opportunities.
The College Boards states that there will be four areas of concentration on the new Math Section. A short description of each domain is listed below. However, for more detail about content within each domain, click on the domain name.
- Heart of Algebra
- Analyzing and fluently solving equations and systems of equations
- Creating expressions, equations, and inequalities to represent relationships between quantities and to solve problems
- Rearranging and interpreting formulas
- Problem Solving and Data Analysis
- Creating and analyzing relationships using ratios, proportions, percentages, and units
- Describing relationships shown graphically
- Summarizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Passport to Advanced Math
- Additional Topics in Math
- Making area and volume calculations in context
- Investigating lines, angles, triangles, and circles using theorems
- Working with trigonometric functions