New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD)-
- River Dell School District will send the school paperwork to support your file (i.e. IEP, evaluations, reports, etc.)
- Main Website: http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/ddd/home/index.html
- How to Apply for Eligibility: http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/ddd/services/apply/index.html
New Jersey Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS)
- River Dell School District will make the initial referral for your son/daughter during Junior year. Parent/ Guardian and student need to follow up by attending the initial eligibility meeting with a case worker.
- DVRS will have the student take a Career Scope Inventory Assessment (approx 2 hrs long)
- DVRS can provide career counseling and guidance while the student is still in high school to assist with transition planning.
- The Juniors and Seniors in the Transition Program will attend a CBI lesson at the DVRS center in Bergen County to meet their assigned case worker.
NJ Transit Access Link
- All persons interested in applying for Access Link service are required to attend an in-person transportation assessment interview.
- To arrange for a transportation assessment appointment, please contact NJ TRANSIT by dialing 1-800-955-2321 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. (Choose the "not a certified Access Link rider" option to speak with a Certification Assistant.)
- Please let Mrs. Welch (201-599-7244) or myself (201-599-7229) know your appointment date and time. One of us will meet you at the appointment and assist with the process.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact your student's case manager.